Key Digital Marketing Trends to Watch Out for in 2018December 29, 2017
According to Charles Darwin – “It is not the strongest of the species that survive but the most adaptable”. To change or to evolve is the basic law of nature, but changes created by the passage of time does affect people and organizations in different ways.
The same rule applies to the technology-driven modern world. Today, strategies and platforms are evolving in the digital marketing space and consumers are engaging with brands on platforms which didn’t exist a few years ago.
Alertness is mandatory for new age marketers. While change promotes creativity, the goals of marketing remain consistent. Companies hire experts to deliver the right message at various stages of the marketing channel, right from raising brand awareness and loyalty to driving traffic, from customer engagement to implementing methods that lead to conversions and sales.
Connecting change with digital marketing we are seeing emerging technologies and platforms to leverage and for the past few years, brands are witnessing exciting time with diverse opportunities to connect with existing and prospective customers. However, in digital marketing, the key to success is knowing the right platform and technology to connect with the ever-changing taste of consumers.
In 2018, we will be witnessing new trends in digital marketing. Let us explore few of them.
- Influence of Machines: In 2018, digital marketing will be influenced by marketers with expertise in machine learning-based working. The ability to respond quickly and accurately to customers based on their behavior will be vital as consumers become more demanding and tech-savvy.
- Unmonitored Platforms – The market is consumer-led and consumers are not just sharing articles, videos, and images on their social media channels, but they are engaging on least monitored platforms such as WhatsApp, WeChat, Messenger, Emails, secure browsing etc. To succeed, businesses will work on tracking mobile and messaging traffic.
- Quick assistance-Majority of smartphones users reach for their phones to conduct instant research. Successful brands will be those that anticipate and provide the right information at the right time. There will be a significant rise in quick assistance searches and only mobile-friendly websites will be able to offer instant information.
- Video Advertising : The demand for video is growing at an incredible rate. Over 50% marketing professionals across the world feel that video ads offer the best ROI. In 2018, brands looking to market their products or services through video advertising will benefit the most.
- Chatbots: There’s no doubt, Chatbots are going change the way brands interact with consumers and in 2018 Chatbots will be one of the key element for B2B digital marketing success. Chatbots are intuitive and equipped with the ability to converse with humans and meet their demands at a faster pace.
Digital Marketing is constantly changing, evolving rather and 2018 will present the best opportunities for businesses provided they employ above trends to their advantage.