WhatsApp for Businesses: Top 5 Remarkable BenefitsApril 05, 2018
When was the last time you received an SMS from a friend or family member? Don’t recollect. Blame it on WhatsApp, not literally, because a freeware launched 9 years ago revolutionized the way people texted to stay connected.
Leaving the short messages or updates from banks or different payment apps for financial transactions, you might be receiving promotional messages on and off, which can be blocked by registering to Do Not Disturb service with the cell service provider.
So why have the majority of people stopped using SMS as a mode of communication? There are few solid reasons behind it such as – availability of low-cost smartphones, cheaper internet plans, free messaging apps, live conversations, photo and video sharing, voice and video calls, etc. It is estimated that only 1 out of 10 still uses an SMS package to communicate.
The advent of messaging apps like WhatsApp, Hike, Google Allo, WeChat, Facebook Messenger, and others have transformed online conversations.
Till the time WhatsApp was bought by Facebook in 2014, the free app already had millions of users worldwide, although individuals, businesses had a little scope of using it for marketing.
However, WhatsApp had other plans for small and medium enterprises. By the end of 2017, the company launched ‘WhatsApp for Business‘. A dedicated Android application for businesses to connect with their customers and establish an official presence on WhatsApp. Small businesses can set up their WhatsApp Business profiles by filling information such as business description, email, address, and website.
The launch of WhatsApp for Business is an extension of social media presence for enterprises, and it is being considered as highly profitable next level of digital marketing. Given below are top 5 remarkable benefits of WhatsApp for Business.
- Register with landline number: WhatsApp for Business allows businesses to use their landline numbers to register for the app. An improvement over the regular chat tool which allows registering only through a mobile number.
- Marketing tool: A powerful tool for businesses as it can help in advertising the brand, its services, and its products. Plus, it can help in communicating with customers, announce new offers through images and videos to convert prospects into new customers.
- Customer service:The app allows businesses to improve customer service by connecting to a wide number of customers. They can send updates, tips, new product launch, order confirmation, answer queries, etc. By including this tool into marketing strategy, companies can increase their customer base who are actively using WhatsApp on their mobiles.
- Faster communication: The app enables easy, cheap, and faster communication with existing customers and potential future consumers. Companies can send messages in bulk at no extra cost.
- Verified business: Businesses can reduce the risk of fake messages being sent to customers. WhatsApp for Business assigns a green tick to businesses as a proof of authenticity. This helps users to know that they are interacting with actual businesses.
WhatsApp is a powerful communication tool and it has become widely popular among masses due to its simplicity. Businesses keen to enhance their brand identity should include WhatsApp marketing in their marketing strategy.